The ranches encompass 3,904 and 2,946 acres of rangeland in the eastern portion of the northern Sierra Nevada Mountain range. The easement conserves bird habitat, areas of high native plant diversity, safeguards montane riparian, streams, and natural habitats that adjoin creeks, irrigation water conveyances and other wetlands., The ranches also preserve fantastic scenic views for the public and shelters a historic main ranch house built in 1852. This easement was funded by California Wildlife Conservation Board, Sierra Nevada Conservancy, and Sierra Business Council.